ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Sector Manager serves as a manager operating between the Program Manager and Supervisors/Transportation Officers. Provide operational leadership of personnel, coordinates with the Local CBP Leadership to plan, schedule, and execute required daily requirements. The SM conducts internal quality control inspections, including uniform and equipment checks, issues verbal and written counseling and initiates disciplinary actions as necessary. This position uses sound judgment to prioritize and complete assignments, some of which consist of numerous steps varying in nature and sequence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Requires excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills for interacting with subordinates and customers and performing multiple tasks in tandem.
* Requires the ability to work effectively as a member of the management team, and work without day-to-day on-site supervision.
* The applicant should be familiar with the region and federal contracting industry.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
* Oversee all Operations in the area of responsibility and ensure excellent performance that meets all requirements and standards.
* Provide supervision, guidance and on-the-job training to improve Officer Skills, reinforcing the critical nature of the Officer’s responsibilities
* Responsible for assuring consistent delivery of service regardless of shift or location, for taking immediate action to correct problems detected and for responding whenever called upon
* Maintain full staffing by filling any open posts with reserve or stand-by personnel and managing “call-offs” due to illness or other reasons
* Brief Officers during muster and post checks regarding any changes in Post Orders, or any unusual or emergency situations
* Conduct on-the-job training to correct deficiencies in Officer Performance, or to strengthen and refresh Officer knowledge of critical skills and issues
* Report any emergency situation to Program Management team
* Conduct administrative investigations of criminal and non-criminal incidents to include personal injury and traffic accidents
* Document incidents with complete and accurate verbal and written reports
* Review the sign-in/out sheets to ensure proper timekeeping by Officers
* Manage break schedules and ensuring that all Officers receive breaks and proper relief