ISS Action has a potential job opportunity pending business development for a Transportation Officer.
· Ensure detainees are properly prepared for and transported in accordance with Performance-Based National Detention Standards. Preparation includes:
o Patting down all detainees prior to boarding vehicles.
o Applying appropriate restraints prior to boarding vehicles.
o Monitoring detainees to ensure appropriate behavior during transport.
o Securing detainee transfer paperwork in the vehicle and ensuring appropriate distribution upon delivery of detainees to destinations.
· Ensure inventory of detainee baggage/valuables has been properly completed by visual examination of appropriate documentation
· Advise supervisor at least 45 days in advance of the expiration of Commercial Driver’s License and medical certificate.
Other Collateral Duties: Perform other duties as directed by the Transportation Coordinator.
Education and/or Experience:
· Must be a United States Citizen.
· Must possess a High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
· Must be 21 years of age or older.
· Must have at least one year of experience as a law enforcement officer or, military policeman, or six (6) months experience as security officer engaged in functions related to detaining civil or administrative detainees.
· Must have at least two years’ experience as a detention supervisor; or two years’ experience as a Corrections Transport Supervisor
· Clear criminal history; no felonies or Class A misdemeanors.
· Must have and maintain a current/valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License with passenger and air brake endorsements. Class A Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement is acceptable. Must maintain a safe driving record.
· Must have and maintain a valid Texas State Level 3 Armed Guard permit.
· Must pass a background investigation and obtain a security clearance.
Language Skills. Able to:
· Write clearly and concisely using acceptable grammar, punctuation, and spelling; write organized, complete, accurate and factual reports.
· Communicate in English using complex sentences using normal word order with present and past tenses.
· Express and exchange ideas via spoken word during activities where they must convey details or important spoken instructions to others accurately, sometimes quickly and loudly.
· Understand and apply written and verbal orders, rules and regulations.
Physical Demands. Able to:
· Perceive the nature of sounds with no less than 40 dB loss at Hz, 1000 Hz and 2000 Hz with or without correction.
· Receive detailed information through oral communication.
· Maintain a minimum standard of visual acuity with or without correction enabling the employee to complete clerical tasks and observe detainees.
· Stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, and be able to perceive the attributes of an object such as size, shape, and temperature.
· Move wrists, hands and/or fingers frequently and regularly.
· Occasionally exert up to 100 pounds of force. This may include but is not limited to all use of force and restraint techniques.
· Adapt to temperature changes (including extreme heat).
*Pending Business Development