ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Independently perform routine mechanical repairs and maintenance work to diesel and small engines.
* Performs safety inspections on vehicles and equipment
* Performance of mechanical and other repairs as required such as vehicle damage; replacing broken windows, touch up minor scrapes and dents, clean/sew/repair upholstery, electric generators, gas and electric motors, air compressors, fuel and water pumps, fuel, grease, lubricate buses, and other internal compensation equipment, install and service batteries and other parts, change and repair tires, spark plugs, light bulbs, fan belts and other mechanical parts.
* Perform a variety of operations and maintenance duties which involve working with combustibles, asbestos or other hazardous materials and may require the appropriate use of safety equipment and disposal procedures.
* Pick up and deliver bus parts, supplies and vehicles.
* Operate buses on public roadways.
* Perform any other necessary related duties.
* Ability to stand for prolonged periods, inspect and service buses, significant physical abilities to lift, carry, push and pull, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, hearing conversations and other sounds (air leaks, rattles, etc.), near/far visual acuity and depth perception.
*Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 per hour